Customized, on-site training is our most popular format, as it allows organizations to focus on their specific needs in a familiar and convenient setting, saving valuable travel time and expenses.
Session sizes can range from individual coaching to all-staff sessions. Most involve 8–12 people, which is ideal for sharing ideas. We also encourage clients to invite staff from other organizations to defray costs.
Our capacity-building training and workshops are based on the direct assistance we provide to clients in areas such as budget development, grant proposals, communications materials, and other forms of technical support.
Organizations may select elements from any of the consulting services described below — or ask about topics not specifically listed — to tailor our staff support and training to address their particular needs.
Workshops / Skillshares
We offer occasional workshops (and shorter “skillshares”) on our most-requested training topics, which provide participants with a basic understanding and useful skills in specific areas of nonprofit administration.
We announce these sessions and other upcoming events on our website and e-mail list. To arrange a workshop or skillshare for your organization’s staff (and guests from other groups), please contact us.
All three formats are available remotely, via conference call, online “webinar”, or e-mail (for consulting and technical services).
Regardless of format, every session includes resource materials that participants can adapt for their specific needs. For more details on individual services, see below or contact us to discuss how we can help.
Every organization faces the ever-present challenge of securing resources to support its work. Nonprofit Works offers customized services to create a fund development approach that is mission-focused, diversified, and strategic. These include:
- Assessing your current fundraising program and designing strategies to strengthen revenue and build partnerships
- Learning how to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors for annual-giving programs and major gifts
- Training boards, committees, staff, and volunteers to clarify and understand their roles in fund development
- Researching grants and identifying the best ones for your organization
- Helping plan grant-writing strategies and prepare all types of grant applications and budgets
Every organization needs to reach key audiences to promote its mission, achieve its intermediate goals, and document its role and value to funders and the broader community it serves.
Successful communications involves a variety of elements, from identifying audiences and outcomes to developing messages and the relevant tools and content to deliver them effectively.
Nonprofit Works can help your organization assess and develop its communication goals, processes, and materials. Our outreach services include:
- Audits of current communications processes and outcomes, and the elements that organizations find most challenging
- Digital tools such as websites, e-mail, social media, audio and video, and media databases
- Collateral materials such as brochures, flyers, press releases, newsletters, reports, graphics, and data
- Communications efforts such as audience identification, messaging, media relations, story development and pitching, and media events
For free materials on the topics above and more, please visit our Resources page